Complementary Skills: Publishing Research Results in English
April 25-27, 2013
Date and time: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. on all three days
Location: MAINZ Seminar Room, Staudinger Weg 9, 3rd floor, room 03-122
Trainer: Jana Kaiser (TU Darmstadt)
Your benefits from participation
- Learning about the structural and language norms for research papers published in English
- Being introduced to a variety of strategies that will help you to draft your own textsmore effectively
- Learning to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses of drafts and to revise them efficiently
- Getting intensive feedback on a (preliminary) version of a text and drafts
- Learning best from own texts being not “perfect”
- Celebrating own success while you benefit decisively from what you have learned duringthe two previous days when writing your final text on day 3
Throughout the workshop, professional input from the trainer will alternate with practical written exercises andgroup discussions of relevant issues. There will be plenty of room for your questions and you will be working onown real publishing projects.
This workshop is most useful for students who already have some writing/publication experience (in anylanguage). This experience may cover abstracts for conferences, single-author or co-authored papers, progressreports for examination committees, proposals for theses/projects/grants, etc.
Workshop description and booking available in/through Teamweb!