As a PhD student in MAINZ, you can take advantage of our counseling services.
Also as a former PhD Student in MAINZ, you can especially take advantage of our career coaching offer.
The MAINZ Counseling Services can bundle the individual offers to suit your personal needs.
Possible topics that are relevant for the doctorate phase include:
- Work overload
- Problems related to project and/or time management
- Problems with self-motivation
- Writing blocks
- Challenges for your personal situation during the doctorate
- Cultural challenges related to being an international student in Germany
- Supervision at your workplace
- Challenges resulting from difficult situations in your research team
- Conflicts in your career-related Environment
Possible topics that are relevant for the final stages of the doctorate
- Challenges related to the thesis defense
- Career orientation
- Job application check
For all of these topics, as well as any others, you are welcome to contact Katrin Klauer at any time. You can contact her either by email (best way) or by telephone from Monday to Wednesday.
Following the initial contact, a joint decision will be made about what the next steps could be:
- The stimuli from the initial meeting might be enough for you, as a start.
- Individual counseling might be the best option for you.
- There might be an additional workshop, beyond those offered by MAINZ, that is relevant to your situation.
- If you need help to resolve conflicts in your team, available options will be discussed jointly.
- For problems related to depression, anxiety, or substance abuse, the MAINZ Counseling Service can serve as the starting point for contacting the psychological counseling centers at the universities in Mainz or Kaiserslautern.
- And if you are concerned about career orientation towards the end of your doctorate, either a check of your applications or some career coaching might be helpful.
The support offered to you by MAINZ Counseling Service is free of charge.
The support is available for up to 6 months after you have graduated. MAINZ alumni who would like to use the Counseling Services beyond this point should contact Katrin Klauer.
The contents of the counseling and/or coaching sessions, as well as support in conflict situations, will be treated with the strictest confidentiality by all persons involved.