01.-05.09.2008 5th Matcor summer school "SIMULATION OF MACROMOLECULES ON DIFFERENT SCALES"
The school is intended to give an overview over current simulation techniques that allow to study macromolecules on various scales.
The program covers the full range from ab initio simulations, via classical all-atom simulation techniques to coarse-grained simulations of mesoscopic structures. The aim of the school is to provide a general overview over state-of-the-art simulation techniques and to inspire new strategies for connecting simulations of different system sizes and coarse-grain levels.
- ab initio methods
- all-atom simulations
- multiscale simulations
- mesoscopic modelling
Application deadline: June 30th, 2008.
The number of participants is limited to 30 students.
List of invited speakers (status March 08) :
- Kurt Binder (Univ. Mainz, Germany)
- Burkhard Dünweg (MPIP, Germany)
- Gerhard Gompper (IFF Jülich, Germany)
- Wolfgang Paul (Univ. Mainz, Germany)
- Julian Shillcock (MEMPHYS, Denmark)
- Nico van der Vegt (MPIP, Germany)
- Roland Winkler (IFF Jülich, Germany)
- Christoph Dellago (Univ. Wien, Austria)
- Thomas Exner (Univ. Konstanz, Germany)
- Christian Holm (Univ. Frankf./M., Germany)
- Daniel Sebastiani (MPIP, Germany)
- Luigi delle Site (MPIP, Germany)
- Mark Wilson (Durham Univ., Great Britain)
The summer school is organized by the graduate class MATCOR.
For further information, please contact: , University of Mainz.