Dec 05, 2011; 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
In this workshop, Dr. Heinz Hammann und Dr.Olaf Kahlen (Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH) will convey the basics of national and international patent law. These basics will be underpinned by examples and exercises on the basis of a made up invention. Furthermore, they will deliver an insight into the job profile of a patent lawyer and into inventions at universities.
|09:30||Introduction into Patent Law|
| - Subject of protection and contract period of various property rights (patent, petty patent, trademark)
- Legal effect: regulatory violation, objection, revocation action, canellation of registration
- Investigation of subjects of protection in public data bases (with exercises)
- Employee invention at universities
|11:30||Job profile of a patent lawyer and exercises|
|- Example: trensfer of scientific results and its strategic consequences|
- Buildup of a patent / of a patent application
- Carving out of characteristics to couch a patent claim on the bases of an example:
group 1: chemistry / pharmacy
group 2: physics / engineering
|13:00||End of workshop|
Dr. Heinz Hammann, European Patent Attorney, Head of Corp. Div. Patents
Dr. Olaf Kahlen, European Patent Attorney, Patents Germany